Why celebrate mental health awareness month?
Because mental health is something that applies to each and every one of us, and it’s very important. Mental health
- *is what allows us to create our quality world, our life worth living
- *can be achieved by all (it’s not the absence of mental illness; mental health isn’t the opposite of mental illness)
- *is an action; we can do little things every single day to achieve wellbeing
- *involves enjoyable action (and enjoy itself is an action verb)
Why celebrate mental health awareness month by giving away books?
- *Books are therapeutic; bibliotherapy is a healing approach that uses the reading of books (fiction and non-fiction) to heal and thrive.
- *Books are part of self-care; they invite us to spend quality downtime, to relax, to escape, and to learn.
- *Reading enhances mental health and wellbeing.
- *Books build connections, empathy, understanding, and other warm fuzzies.
The Books You Can Win in This Mental Health Awareness Month Giveaway
Book Giveaways for Mental Health Awareness Month: How It Works
One copy of each book will be given away on May 15, and one copy of each book will be given away on May 31. Five people will win a book in the middle of May, and five more will win a copy of a book at the end of May.
Answer the below question in the comment section at the bottom of the page. That’s it!
But you can get your name entered three times. In addition to answering the question,
- Sign up for the Wellbeing & Words newsletter (form below).
- Visit me on Facebook (Tanya J. Peterson, NCC). Like my page if you haven’t already, and share the pinned post (it has an image of a brain reading a book).
Each of these actions gets you registered for a chance to win a book! Mental health, after all, is all about action, about taking steps toward what you want.